Monday, March 28, 2011

surprise, surprise ...

I've decided that I'm not a good blogger ... I'm busy and forgetful.  I forget to blog, but i do read everyone's posts.  Often I come up with lots to say but feel I need to censor myself so I don't post at all.  I disappear for days on end and then reappear at the most random moments.  I write about completely uninteresting things and don't have a general "idea" of what I always post about.  But I guess that's the point of a blog?  I'm supposed to be able to come and go as I please, right?  And I should be able to write what I'd like, I mean I'm not forcing anyone to read it, right?  But I want people to read, and to comment, and to enjoy my blog.  Maybe I need to switch things up ... become more focused? ... I'm thinking only time will tell.

Anyway ...

I went shopping w/ my mom, sister, and baby the other weekend.  We got down the road and Torry text me to say I forgot my pump ... again.  I am sooooooo bad about reconnecting after I shower!  I try and put it somewhere that I won't forget it but never the less I often do.  So I spent the day with the good old bag of needles I keep in my purse.  Yuck.  I'm really not a fan of needles, I think I'll keep my pump.

And speaking of the pump ...

My warranty has been up since August.  I haven't gotten a new pump and I'm a little bit worried that something will happen to this one.  Sooooo, it's time to get a new one.  But which pump?  Which company?  Animas?  Minimed? (which I have now) Omnipod?  Any ideas or opinions are GREATLY appreciated!

And of course there's no way I can end without a baby update.  He's getting so big.  He'll be four months old on april 8th and he's thriving.  So happy and content, though he's already started a little bit of teething.  Oh and I'm paranoid that he's diabetic.  But I think that I've done a pretty good job of keeping my paranoia tame.  I've only checked his tiny little heel twice in the last almost 4 months.  He smiles all of the time and has the cutest little laugh!!!

This is one of his 3 month pictures that I took <3

1 comment:

  1. What a cute face! :)

    I don't know which minimed you had before, but I just updated to the new revel (to go with the CGM) and I am still a big fan of minimed as far as the pump goes. I've been curious about the animas ping and have heard good things about that one as well. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete